CONFESSIONS OF A FORMER SHOPAHOLIC

off shoulder trend, stripes, flared sleeves, colour blocking
off shoulder trend, stripes, flared sleeves, colour blocking


I  was once a major shopaholic guys. I remember it being so bad that I shopped with every money I got and I couldn't pass up on sales or a good deal. I never saved or really spent my money on anything else. Its funny to think that I was that one person who had so many clothes to wear out but no money to actually go out. In fact as stated in my about me page, it was one of the reasons I decided to start a blog.

I'm so glad I grew out if it after praying it out, so thank God. Now looking back at that time, despite having so many clothes, I never had anything to wear. I would sit in front of my wardrobe struggling and then finally sticking to the usual choice.
I've found that having less clothes makes dressing up easier at times. Plus you get more money for your clothes when you invest in closet essentials rather than trends.

off shoulder trend, stripes, flared sleeves, colour blocking
off shoulder trend, stripes, flared sleeves, colour blocking

Case in point, I have styled this Zaful off shoulder stripe top hereherehere and can still think of more ways to rock this top, so stay tuned! Also the red pencil skirt was previously styled in my collab with Tee of Diveintomauve (here).
I've been rocking my vintage belt back to back because it just goes with everything, it can't be helped. 


off shoulder trend, stripes, flared sleeves, colour blocking
off shoulder trend, stripes, flared sleeves, colour blocking
Photography by Blessing Audu

Skirt(Similar on Salehere too), Belt: Thrift || Top: Zaful (Similar)|| Sandals: Zara (Similar Sale

Happy Easter beautiful people, what did you get up to?
I attended service and the usual rice plus got special treat from daddy, shout out to all the awesome parents out there. Also loved resting, I wish the break would last forever but work calls tomorrow.

Let's not forget the point if Easter as state in my last Sarah Speaks

Follow on

25 comments:

  1. i totally agree with you on this point babe, I'm at that stage where I'm controlling my spending with clothes and would think twice if i really liked them and they're worth it before even buying. but still trying to get better at it because it's hard haha.

    Anyway you look amazing! i have a similar top but I got it from sammydress. so cute!

    xo, Carla
    www.carlaviolet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't easy at times Carla. Before I buy something I try to ask myself, how would you style this? If I cant think of more than three ways to style it, I drop it. Thanks so much and I love your top

      Delete
  2. The outfit is gorgeous and what you said about having more clothes than money to go out, I like to think of it as a rite of passage for most fashion folks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree hun, especially when is still trying to figure out his or her style. But I think caution must be exercised because it’s unhealthy, at least it was for me.

      Delete
  3. I dont think i ever got to the point of buying everything. But i do remember never being able to come up with an outfit. Grateful for growing into the woman who knows her style and sticking to it.

    Beutfull

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, I'm so thankful for growth. At least now my wardrobe is more organised and my pocket a bit fuller.

      Delete
  4. Girl , i'm still a shopaholic . I get so many things and end up giving out some ,'cos i don't even know how to style them . LOL
    Love this look . The off shoulder is not so neck revealing , so i can totally wear it...
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol at least your giving them away. And yeah I tried to tone down the off shoulder look, still felt a bit uncomfortable. Thank you Khadijah

      Delete
  5. I'm really with you on going for closet essentials rather than trend, I follow trends once in a while, that's if it's a versatile outfit. Btw love the off shoulder top and how simple you've styled it.

    Bernie, xx
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Benita. And yes I too don't rule off trends completely. I follow them when their versatile and go with my style.

      Delete
  6. Love this look on you! So chic!

    Funmi xx
    www.funmialabi.co.uk/the-one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by girl, nice to see you over here.

      Delete
  7. I can relate to having so many clothes and still having nothing to wear. Hence, I always giveaway stuuf I dont wear anymore and I'm planning to sell some stuff from my wardrobe too. Plus your vintage belt is really a LEGEND!!!! Lol :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giveaway stuff is such a great way to help people out while decluttering your wardrobe. I usually just give me younger sister clothes that don't fit with me anymore and she never rejects. Now as for a closet sale, best way to make back money spent on those clothes. And lol this belt is indeed a legend, I thrifted it over fours years ago for so little and its still faithful.

      Delete
  8. Haha.I think I'm quite the shophalic. I'm always buying and making clothes.Sigh. I'd tell myself it's for the blog. Lol. I think I need help too. Chai.

    Tee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol but on a serious note Shopaholism is real oh. I used to tell myself it was for the blog too but it had to stop one day. And wait did you say you make clothes, like by yourself?

      Delete
  9. really love your style! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful piece Sarah! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know why but the bit about having clothes to wear but no money to go out really made me laugh. Probably because it's the other way round for most people. Love the pictures hun. There's something about your style.. I can't place my hands on it but I definitely dig it. xx
    Dealing with Change(s)
    Www.laitanbee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Olaa I laugh too when I think about it. And those other people are smart though, whats the point of all those clothes and no money, I'm learning slowly. Thanks so much hun, it means a lot

      Delete
  12. Fantastic post, like it :)

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mine used to be shoes because I never really find my cloth size we'd adjusting gets tiring so I just go appease myself with shoes and now my rack is almost reaching my roof but I decided to stop and save this year and it's been going good.. I feel proud of myself. So in my case, I actually don't have clothes to wear just shoes haha. But I guess it made it easier picking outfits cause I pick them based on what shoe I feel like wearing
    Lovely outfit hun

    Toyinwithfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine uses to be shoes and clothes lol and I know the feeling when you decide to use the money for better, its so accomplishing. I think picking an outfit based on shoes is cool mine is usually the other way round. Thank you.

      Delete
  14. Och, amazing outfit!
    Perfect shoes :)
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete