LOOKBOOK: LAVINCE HIGHWAIST TROUSERS 2 WAYS

by - 2:42:00 pm

 Hey beautiful people!

Now if there’s one good thing about the current economy crisis in Nigeria, it is the push to buy made in Nigeria goods as opposed to imported items. And our local designers have really stepped up to the plate. One of such designers is Lavince, which is based in Abuja but ships nationwide.

 Seeing the affordability and timelessness of their items, I thought I'd reach out to them and style some of their pieces. Now by affordable, I mean clothing items that one can easily pick up without having to starve. Because in this economy I find it hard to justify spending large amounts on one pieces of clothing, my thoughts and pocket though.

Today, I'll be styling in two ways, this high waist pin stripe trousers which costs less than 5k and the material and fit feel so good.  And for my tall ladies out there these trousers are very long, I had to fold it in for this shoot, so you’re covered.

This is not a sponsored post by the way but you get a 10% discount on any purchase by simply saying Princess Audu sent you.

 For this first look, I paired the trousers with a delicate lace crop top previously styled here and here. I also added a pop of red with my Zara sandals and a pop of print with this polka dot clutch. I think this look would be great for perhaps a date night, party or even church as the trousers are loose fitting.


Now trousers are one of closet staple I can't live without, especially high waist trousers. In the past, I've styled my two favourite pairs in lookbooks (here and here). 



 For this second look I styled a royal blue shift dress also from Lavince over the trousers. I've been seeing the dress over pants trend for a while now and thought these two pieces actually pair well together. I then added a belt to define my waist and give the look more character. 

Photography by Ruth Audu

 This is an item I'd definitely rock over and over again. I could style it with a basic T-shirt or pair it with my burgundy crop top (here) for a more night time appropiate look. I could also go for a mixed print look with floral prints like (this) or a stripe top as seen (here)

Trousers: Lavince Here || Lace Top: Thrift || Shoes: Zara || Shift Dress: Lavince Here

Hope you all had a productive weekend. I spent part of mine meeting up with fellow content creators in Abuja and it was so much fun. Shout out to all the bloggers out there doing their thing, we are actually a lot more than most people think. 

Again, you get a 10% discount on any purchase by simply saying Princess Audu sent you. 

What was your favourite look? How would you style these trousers differently? What's one closet staple that you can’t live without? What are some of your current favourite affordable Nigerian designers.
Catch more of my trousers obsession here and here

See you on Wednesday, I will be restyling the blue shift dress, stay tuned!

Talk to me on

You May Also Like

30 comments

  1. WOW Sarah, I think I am really love this hairstyle on you. Back to the outfits, I love the way you paired the lace top with the wide legged pants and of course pop of colour, its perfect. x

    www.stephylately.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephy, funny my family and I are not a big fan but change is good they say. Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. My favourite look has to be the one with the lace top, the whole outfit was well put together and I love the shoes as well! You did an amazing job with the shift dress too, who would have thought a dress will go so well with pants? Nice Job hun ❤

    Portableisthenewhot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deola, its my favourite look too. And I had no idea this would work, it was an accidental outfit planning that just worked.

      Delete
  3. Hair and both outfits look beautiful. I may have to go with the lace top but both styles are good!Have a great week ahead!

    www.zinnyfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zinny, it means a lot. Have a great week too!

      Delete
  4. Hi Sarah, the stripe trouser is so versatile. I love all the ways you styled the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnaks Dominika, it is indeed very versatile.

      Delete
  5. Sarah you look A M A Z I N G ! I love all the looks, the pants are gorgeous. xx
    Coco Bella Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Demi, The pants are indeed awesome.

      Delete
  6. That hair looks absolutely good on you
    I love the lace top pairing but the pop of blue is also a win!
    Great post..xx

    www.lindasworldofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda, how you been. It's been a while.

      Delete
  7. You look so chic and stylish. Both looks are gorgeous, but my favorite look is the second one with the shift dress. It's stylishly unusual. My Wardrobe staple for me are Jumpsuits and probably Asymmetrical dresses. BTW your hair is lovely.

    Bernie, xx
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol unusual indeed, I believe your the first one to actually prefer the second look. I'actually dont own a jumpsuit, maybe its time. Thank you

      Delete
  8. Really lovely post. Love the first look, the one with blue shift dress has my heart too.
    You should maintain this hairstyle as a staple, it really suits you

    www.ladesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Omolade both about rhw hair and outfit. I doubt I'd make this a signature look though, I love my braids.

      Delete
  9. Love your trousers girl! They look very beautiful and suit you well!


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail, nice to see you back here

      Delete
  10. Wow! These trousers are gorgeous! You made stylish combinations with it and I really like your hairstyle!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  11. You hair is what got me. I had to zoom in sef...lol *covers face

    Just also started an Ankara Crafts blog. Would love if you could stop by and tell me what you think.

    www.senero.com.ng

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Senero, really thank you though. Will check out your blog

      Delete
  12. Hi Sarah, these pants look stunning on you!
    X
    Miri

    http://currentlywearing.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely brilliant, the one with the blue in my opinion was the best. Great job babe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back to the blogsphere girl, thank you.

      Delete
  14. I love it with the sky blue shirt
    Finally I can comment...
    Lovely pants btw

    Stylebyenkay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally girl, thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. Will work further on it.

      Delete
  15. I love the lace top look(Look 1) and I also love your clutch.
    My Style Look Book Series

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pants look so well-made. I should check out the brand!

    / ORRBLOG

    ReplyDelete